- Position: Supply Chain & Logistics Manager
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
- Reporting to: General Manager – Corporate Services
- Supervisory Position: Yes
- Start Date: Immediately
Great Lakes Safaris and Uganda Lodges is seeking to recruit a qualified Supply Chain & Logistics Manager, who will also handle fleet management. This position will be based in our Kampala Head Office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Supply and Logistics:
- Negotiate, prepare and manage contracts for key services and products.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a comprehensive contract filing system until final disposition, monitor contracting deadlines and conformance and performs follow up as appropriate.
- Review requisitions and all requests submitted by user departments to determine requirements, prepare bid documents, schedule and assign closing dates for bid replies.
- Maintain and update vendor database of prequalified suppliers.
- Coordinate evaluation of received bids for compliance with specifications, their capacity to perform and comply, make evaluation reports, recommend award of contracts to best technically evaluated and lowest bid received in accordance with the procurement manual.
- Develop and review Procurement procedures to ensure best practice and value for money for all procurements.
- Acts as primary point of contact and liaison for administrative issues involving the procurement process to ensure compliance with the set manual receives and screens inquiries as well as resolve both user department and supplier complaints.
- Develop internal capacity and adequately supervise staff within the Procurement Department to ensure optimal performance and meeting of set objectives.
- Responsible for directing and organizing the tasks related to procurement, operation, maintenance, repairing, and servicing of the vehicles.
- Coordinate, administer and monitor the maintenance, repair, replacement and logistics of company vehicles
- Provide recommendations for lowering vehicle-operating expenses and reduce idle time of vehicles
- Responsible for managing the inventory of spare parts of vehicles
- Monitor and report on the fleet tracking system
- Ensure preventative maintenance programs are implemented
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Procurement or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Supply Management, Procurement and Fleet Management or similar role
- Accreditation with CIPS
- Minimum of 3 years’ in Managerial/ Supervisory roles
- Required knowledge and experience with Procurement, Fleet and Supply Management Procedures
- Organized and detail oriented
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership and supervision capabilities
How to apply:
All qualified interested candidates should submit their Cover Letter and CV to Jourdan@greatlakessafaris.com by Aug. 3rd, 2018, 5:00pm EST. Only short listed candidates who meet the required qualifications will be contacted.