Explore the Wonders of the North on this short but exciting introduction with Tanzania’s amazing wildlife. Perfect to combine with one of Tanzania’s tropical islands or other East African safari destinations.
- Game viewing in Tarangire National Park
- Witness the migration in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Unforgettable exploration of the Ngorongoro Crater
Day 1 >> Arrival
Arrival at Kilimanjaro Airport where you will be welcomed by a Great Lakes Safaris representative and transferred to your accommodation in Arusha.
Day 2 >> Arusha – Tarangire National Park
In the morning we depart the lovely town of Arusha and head to Tarangire National Park. We will arrive in time for lunch and an afternoon of game viewing in the park, which is a haven for elephants, lions, zebras and many other animals.
Day 3 >> Tarangire National Park – Ngorongoro Conservation Area
After breakfast we head towards Ndutu in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, passing the famous Crater and following the dusty road into the vast plains. En route you will be able to enjoy magnificent views of the landscape, the Maasai with their cattle and a variety of game. With a picnic lunch en route we will arrive at the lodge in the afternoon. End the day with a camp fire at night and nice dinner.
Day 4 >> Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Spend a full day in the conservation area with wildlife viewing.
Day 5 >> Ngorongoro Crater
With an early morning game drive on our way out, we depart the plains teemed with wildlife and descend over 600 metres to the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater. Explore the lake area where you may see lions hunting for food and tour the forest areas that are inhabited by monkeys and elephants.
Day 6 >> Karatu – Arusha – Departure
Today we leisurely head back to Arusha with a few stops en route to buy the last souvenirs. In time you will be dropped at Kilimanjaro Airport for your evening flight.
Safari Package price:
Please contact our Tour Consultants for the detailed price information
Included in the price:
- Airport transfer to/from Kilimanjaro Airport
- Ground transport per private 4WD safari vehicle
- English speaking driver/guide
- Accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals as described in the itinerary
- Bottled mineral water in the vehicle
- Entrance fees and ranger fees for national parks
- Activities and excursions mentioned in the program
- AMREF Evacuation Air Ambulance insurance
- International flight
- Visa for Tanzania
- Any optional activities
- Meals and drinks not mentioned above
- Items of personal nature