Track the endangered Mountain Gorillas in Rwanda’s most stunning national park!
- Kigali City Tour including a visit to the Genocide Memorial Center
- Unforgettable encounter with the Mountain Gorillas
- Visit to Iby’Iwacu Cultural Village
Day to day program
Day 1 >> Arrival
Arrival at Kigali Airport where you will be welcomed by a Great Lakes Safaris representative and transferred to your accommodation.
Day 2 >> Kigali – Volcanoes National Park
In the morning you can enjoy a guided city tour and visit some interesting, historical sites, including the Kigali Memorial Centre. Have lunch in the capital city before we proceed to the most beautiful national park of the country: Volcanoes National Park. It is the area with rich montaine ecosystems, from bamboo forest to open grassland and swamps.
Day 3 >> Gorilla tracking
Today you will have the opportunity to spend some time with the endangered mountain gorillas. You will make a beautiful hike through the green landscape and hills of the Virunga Volcanoes. Spend a magical hour with these amazing creatures while your guide will explain more about the family and their behavior.
In the afternoon we will visit the village Iby’Iwacu, located in the shadows of the Virunga Volcanoes, where reformed poachers showcase the traditional Rwandan way of life.
Day 4 >> Volcanoes National Park – Kigali – Departure
Have a relaxed breakfast and enjoy the beautiful scenery one more time as we calmly transfer back to Kigali with (packed) lunch. Depending on the time of your international flight you will be dropped at Kigali International Airport.
Safari Package price:
Please contact our Tour Consultants for the detailed price information
Included in the price:
- Airport transfer to/from Kigali Airport
- Ground transport per private 4WD vehicle
- English speaking driver/guide
- Accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals as described in the itinerary
- Bottled mineral water in the vehicle
- Entrance fees and ranger fees for national parks
- Activities and excursions mentioned in the program
- AMREF Evacuation Air Ambulance insurance
- International flight
- Visa for Rwanda
- Permit for gorilla tracking
- Optional activities in Volcanoes National Park
- Meals and drinks not mentioned above
- Items of personal nature