A full week of adventure and discovery! Visit the Maasai Mara to witnesss the splendor of the African wildlife and learn more about the local Maasai people. Continue to the Great Rift Valley, tour the rich bird lakes, hot springs and the rock towers against the backdrop of stunning volcanic mountains and escarpments.
- Witness the splendor of the African wildlife in the Maasai Mara
- Cultural encounter with the Maasai people
- Bush walk guided by a Maasai warrior
- Safari walk among herds of zebras and giraffes
- Boat ride on Lake Naivasha
- Game viewing in Lake Nakuru National Park
Day to day program
Day 1 >> Arrival
Arrival at Jomo Kenyatta Airport where you will be welcomed by a Great Lakes Safaris representative and transferred to your accommodation in Nairobi.
Day 2 >> Nairobi – Maasai Mara Game Reserve
After breakfast we drive via the Maasai town of Narok towards the Maasai Mara Game Reserve. Arrival in time for lunch and afternoon game drive for a first introduction with Kenya’s splendid wildlife.
Day 3 >> Maasai Mara Game Reserve
Spend a full day in the game reserve with wildlife viewing.
Day 4 >> Maasai Mara Game Reserve – Maji Moto
In the morning two hour transfer to Maji Moto, a remove Maasai village at the slopes of the Loita hills. The world ‘Maji Moto’ means hot water in Swahili and derives its name from the nearby hot springs. After lunch we visit a Maasai homestead (“boma”) for insights into their fascinating culture and way of life. We will end the day with a traditional dinner around the campfire.
Day 5 >> Maji Moto – Lake Naivasha
Early in the morning we go for a two to three hour bush walk, guided by a local Maasai warrior, along a small river course and through the savanna. You can even take a refreshing dip in the hot spring water. Later we drive up to Lake Naivasha.
Day 6 >> Hell’s Gate National Park
In the morning walking safari in Hell’s Gate National Park. Here we walk amongst herds of zebra, gazelle and giraffe with a dramatic volcanic backdrop of soaring lava cliffs, steaming volcanic vents and hot springs. We return to our accommodation for lunch. In the afternoon you can decide to go for an optional boat ride on Lake Naivasha, famed for its bird life and many hippos.
Day 7 >> Lake Naivasha – Lake Nakuru National Park
From Lake Naivasha we head towards Lake Nakuru, a soda lake famous for pink flamingos. This is the perfect place to watch the rhino but there are several other animals including buffalos, giraffes, impalas and lions.
Day 8 >> Lake Nakuru National Park – Nairobi – Departure
Enjoy a final early morning game drive. Return to your camp for breakfast before we calmly transfer back to Nairobi. In time you will be dropped at the airport for your international flight.
Safari Package price:
Please contact our Tour Consultants for the detailed price information
Included in the price:
- Airport transfer to/from Jomo Kenyatta Airport
- Ground transport per private 4WD safari vehicle
- English speaking driver/guide
- Accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals as described in the itinerary
- Bottled mineral water in the vehicle
- Entrance fees and ranger fees for national parks
- Activities and excursions mentioned in the program
- AMREF Evacuation Air Ambulance insurance
- International flight
- Visa for Kenya
- Any optional activities
- Meals and drinks not mentioned above
- Items of personal nature