- Position: ICT/Information Services Manager
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
- Reporting to: General Manager – Corporate Services
- Supervisory Position: Yes
- Start Date: Immediately
Great Lakes Safaris and Uganda Lodges is seeking to recruit a qualified ICT/Information Services Manager to be based in our Kampala Head Office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for network maintenance and operation, database management and oversight of all 365 head office and lodge ICT support
- Responsible for the effective implementation of a fully automated IT System and Information Management System.
- Ensure functionality and smooth running of electronic based systems: Reservations System, Point of Sales System, Fleet Tracking System and Security Camera System and associated equipment
- Develops and manages departmental relevant in-house databases for information to be properly stored and analyzed for business decision making.
- Responsible for the analysis of data retrieved from electronic systems
- Website management (local content management, software hosting and preventative maintenance)
- Develops and implements various training and instruction programs for users on the use of operating systems, networking, applications, and databases.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems and advises management on software and hardware updates and recommends suitable providers for services or equipment that fall under the IT function.
- Ensure proper backup procedures are followed and executed as scheduled; manage off-site tape storage by maintaining inventory tapes, recording sent and received tapes and handling special requests from other staff.
- Provision of first level desktop support and training to all users in the resolution of end-users’ computing and communication issues
- Troubleshoots network, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational problems and see to the regular maintenance of the system hardware;
- Ensure System documentation is in place and updated on a regular basis
- Plans and implements ICT policy and system security policy, to include firewalls, host and client access, file permissions, and user accounts.
- Ensure that regular virus protection software is installed on all desktops and servers.
- Periodic departmental reporting
- Education: Degree in ICT Management, BCIS or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in ICT management or similar role
- Required knowledge and experience managing entire ICT function for an organization
- Working knowledge/management of electronic based systems
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Demonstrated experience in providing onsite support and working within a Help Desk environment
- Experience and knowledge with ICT technology, software and applications including the associated protective security policies and standards
- Experience with problem rectification and fault reporting including logging, escalation and coordination with team members and other IT support areas
- Strong leadership and supervision capabilities
How to apply
All qualified interested candidates should submit their Cover Letter and CV to Jourdan@greatlakessafaris.com by August 3rd, 2018, 5:00pm EST. Only short listed candidates who meet the required qualifications will be contacted. Interviews will be carried out on a rolling basis.