The Primates take top spot for June’s Favorite activities
Our feedback shows an overwhelming high rating for Chimpanzee Tracking and Gorrilla Trekking. With the weather warming up now the primates were out to play this past month.
Just a reminder:
Chimpanzee tracking in Uganda can be experienced in 3 areas:
- Kibale Forest National Park
- Budongo Forest Reserve in Murchison Falls National Park
- Maramagambo Forest in Queen Elizabeth (though we do not recommend tracking here as sight-seeing has been reportedly low) Excellent spot for hiking though.
Gorilla tracking in Uganda can be experienced in 2 areas:
- Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (North and South) – Just FYI we have more accommodation range options in the North(Buhoma) then we do in the South (Nkuringo/Rushaga)
- Mgahinga National Park – We do not recommended Gorilla tracking here as the Gorillas in this National Park keep moving between the Uganda, Rwanda and Congo borders. However, Golden Monkey tracking and the Batwa pigmy community experience are a ‘must do’ here.
Lodge Of The Month:
Primate Lodge Kibale – Kibale Forest National Park
- 9 deluxe Luxury Cottages with en suite facilities
- 6 Mid-level spacious forest cottages with en suite facilities
- One Elevated banda with en suite facilities
- One remote Sky Tree House for the adventurous travellers
- A secluded well maintained campsite and adjacent our restaurant
- Spacious restaurants with local and international dishes
- Well-stocked bar
- Comfortable lounge
- Camp fire area
- Craft shop
- Free Wi- Fi access in public area
Uganda Visa goes online!
An official statement has been issued by the Uganda government in regards to the Uganda online visa processing system. As of July 2016, the ‘Pearl of Africa’ officially joins other African countries like Kenya and Rwanda in implementing an online visa processing system for persons intending to visit Uganda for holiday, business, study, visit and medical reasons.
The Visas that can be applied and obtained online include:
|1. Multiple-Entry Visa:||6-12 Months||USD 100|
|12- 24 Months||USD 150|
|24- 36 Months||USD 200|
|2. Diplomatic and Official Visa|
|3. Ordinary Visa- Single Entry||USD 100|
|4. East Africa Touris Visa (multiple entry valid for 90 days to UG, KE and RW)||USD100|
|5. Transit Visa||USD 100|
How does it work?
The decision taken on the application will be sent electronically through the email provided by the applicant. If approved, an approval letter will be sent as an attachment to the email provided. Print it out and present it together with a valid passport / travel document at the port of entry.
What documents will you need?
- Copy of the passport (Bio-data page)
- Copy of recent Passport size Photograph
- Travel itinerary
- Vaccination Certificate (Yellow fever)
- Return Ticket
Information about documents required in the online visa application is found here.
Through the month of July 2016, it will still be possible to get visas on arrival. However, the traveler will have to go through the electronic application process (as above) at the port of entry. This will only apply in the month of July 2016, after which all visa applications shall be online.
Uganda Group Tours
It is not too late for you to join in on one of our set group departures for 2016. To make your booking or understand the packages better, do not hesitate to contact us:
The Available Departures:
- 14thAugust 2016 | 10 day – Luxury Primate Safari | Booked with 2 clients
- 5thNovember 2016 | 7 day – Discover Uganda| Booked with 2 clients
- 24thAugust 2016 | 7 day – Discover Uganda| Booked with 1 client
- 17thSeptember 2016 | 7 day – Discover Uganda| Booked with 1 client
Great Lakes Safaris celebrates 15th birthday!
#FunFact- Apple Inc. started in a garage and so did Great Lakes Safari (GLS)
As we look back at our 15 years we want to sincerely thank all our partners(near and far) for the continuous support through the years.
On our part we promise to continue to go out of our way to provide excellent safari and hospitality services to ensure our guests are happy and satisfied because they ultimately are our true ambassadors and direct link to more guests in the future.